• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

7 Days Post Extraction

L

luckyman316

I just wanted to share my experience, especially after going 5 years of being afraid to go to the dentist. So far, I'm doing fairly well. I have the follow-up in 2 weeks where the stitches and membrane are being removed from the site (I am getting an implant so they already did the bone grafting). Positive things I've noticed:

- With the bridge removed, as well as the tooth, I am no longer clenching during my sleep
- The bridge was incorrect. Not only was the bite too high for 5 years but it also caused my jaw to shift. Not only does my bite feel more right now, but my jaw feels like it's been shifting back.... the jaw is less crackly as well, almost to no crackle, which means that something was definitely wrong there.
- My mind is also not as foggy. I'm thinking better, I'm sleeping better as well.... wondering if the infection that was going to my jaw was actually spreading further. Hmmm

My biggest issue is that I am being careful to not eat on that side. I want to avoid anything getting into the extraction site while it heals up. Not going to be easy to stay away from some of the crunchy foods these next few months but at least most restaurants are closed anyway near me now so I'll be avoiding that anyway and staying soft at home for a bit. Also still worried about post effects of the medications. I finished them on Monday so I'm now 2 days past, but still want to make sure I'm about 14 days past before I can say I'm safe.

Overall, no complications thus far as I continue to heal!

Last edited:
Luckyman316!!

I missed this until now but hope you are doing well now its over a week later. How are you? Its great to hear things seemed to go well:jump::jump::welldone::cheer2:. Sounds like a lot of relief afterwards from symptoms that were there before!

Hope your healing is continuing well :)

Luckyman316!!

I missed this until now but hope you are doing well now its over a week later. How are you? Its great to hear things seemed to go well:jump::jump::welldone::cheer2:. Sounds like a lot of relief afterwards from symptoms that were there before!

Hope your healing is continuing well :)

Thank you! I have not been back, I've been generally feeling "ok" other than a concern here or there which I want to do in another post. I'm a little scared of the entire implant procedure because I'm going thru a potential neck surgery which may be almost at the exact timeframe for my next appoint, which is supposed to be an x-ray to see how the bone is healing and discuss replacing an adjacent crown.

Back