• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

7 Extractions and afew questions

I

IGg

I have been terribly afraid of going to the dentist as when i had my first course of work done 13 years ago the dentist left me in so much pain and didn't even sort the tooth that i was worried about to begin with. Since then I was too afraid to go back until recently 1 of my front teeth broke. I wasn't in pain but I was feeling abit stupid and I was still afraid to go back. The only reason I manage to get there was because a really good friend dragged me to hers. I got there and they told me that i need to have 7 removed. I was really nervous but she manage to drag me back for 2 appointments to get the teeth removed.

I had the teeth removed and it has been a supprising better experience than I was expecting. The first 4 came out with any pain durning and the pain after wards has been managable, the second was not as nice during the extraction because of there being an infection under neath 2 of the teeth that were removed, but the after effect has been supprising pain free until today about a week after the second lot of extractions.

I have been having a dull ache in the widsom tooth were 2 teeth infront of it have bin removed and I dont know if this is normal?

Also there is what looks like white skin forming over the top of the sockets and im worried that it may be getting infected, even tho i have been brushing regularly(avoiding the sockets) and keeping up with the salt rinses.

Am I right to be worried of an infection and is the pain in the other tooth normal?

The white skin is absolutely normal and is a sign that the gum is healing :) The dull ache is probably normal but if it continues for a while or gets worse you should make an appointment and go back and see the dentist.

Well done on going to the dentist :jump:

Cheers
Coolin

Yes as said in the previous post the white is normal and I also had pain in the remaining teeth immediately next to the extractions I think maybe they are a little unsettled but they do settle down fairly quickly, a big well done :jump: Everything sounds like it's doing well x

Thank you for the kind words :)

Just alittle concerned, hoping i dont have to go back before i go to get my false teeth

Back