• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

9 teeth need to be fixed and I’m feelin hopeless

Won’t lie, the anxiety is circling me pretty bad and it’s getting exhausting fighting it off. Ugh.

It’s almost time ugh. I really can’t believe how difficult it has become for me to go to the fricken dentist. Ugh

Good luck. Relax.
Be sure to update us after

Hope it goes well!

Guys I made it! I got through the appt. I was upset and crying in the chair but I got it together and he was able to repair the tooth. I had to stop a few times but he was amazing and kept telling me I was amazing. He also said my gums look really great! So that’s good. I have another appt for fillings next week (3 on the upper right side) and I think I’ll be ok. I was going to get referred but I feel safe with my dentist... i am willing to let him do the work I think. I’m just so happy it’s over and done with. Meditation, this forum and lorazepam really did help me!

Guys I made it! I got through the appt. I was upset and crying in the chair but I got it together and he was able to repair the tooth. I had to stop a few times but he was amazing and kept telling me I was amazing. He also said my gums look really great! So that’s good. I have another appt for fillings next week (3 on the upper right side) and I think I’ll be ok. I was going to get referred but I feel safe with my dentist... i am willing to let him do the work I think. I’m just so happy it’s over and done with. Meditation, this forum and lorazepam really did help me!

Well done. That's amazing news ☺️! You did it!!

That's great all around!!!

Well done, that's amazing news!!! You should be really proud of yourself.

I’m just so relieved it’s over. Happy that I got reminded once again my dentist is an angel sent from above to fix my teeth haha. I have to go back next week but I think I will be able to navigate well through the next bit because I finally had a dentist appt that was a success (where I wasn’t sedated the whole time)

A few years ago I had stopped going to the dentist. Second time in my life i did that. First time after not going 12 years I didn’t need any work. The last time it was loke
3-4 years. I needed 10 cavities. The worst part for me was hearing the bad news. I was definitely nervous about getting the fillings but they were fine!
I got through it and you will too. I have a check up today and im super
Nervous

Yeah I feel much better going back for fillings... I feel like it will go ok and that’s enough for me to hold on to. I’m so proud of you for getting a checkup today! I know it’s scary but you will feel better after, one step at a time. Remember to come back to your breaths if you ever start to get dialed up.

Yeah I feel much better going back for fillings... I feel like it will go ok and that’s enough for me to hold on to. I’m so proud of you for getting a checkup today! I know it’s scary but you will feel better after, one step at a time. Remember to come back to your breaths if you ever start to get dialed up.
Isn’t it strange- I am much more calm before a filling. I mean don’t get me wrong I don’t want to go. But for me the worst part is the check up and the xrays.

No kidding I can understand why. Everyone has their own specific fear - mine is not getting fully numb and feeling everything. I will be with you in spirit while you’re in the chair getting the X-rays and just know you can handle any news that the dentist has for you. It’s so good you are going in for a check up to keep tabs on the health of your teeth! Little habits like this will keep our teeth and mouth up to par. Check back in after your appt. you can do it!!

Isn’t it strange- I am much more calm before a filling. I mean don’t get me wrong I don’t want to go. But for me the worst part is the check up and the xrays.

That makes total sense to me. But you did it anyway!! You're a champ.

Well I did it! As soon as I got to the office a calm washed over me because they are really nice people who just want to help. No new decay. A watch on a tooth. I can handle that ! I’m good till July! Thanks for the support

I seem to feel far more anxiety before a check up and xray too, I think because of a fear of the unknown. At a check up you don't know what bad news they might give you. Generally for a filling you mostly know what you're letting yourself in for. What do you think frightens you most about a check up etc?

Well I did it! As soon as I got to the office a calm washed over me because they are really nice people who just want to help. No new decay. A watch on a tooth. I can handle that ! I’m good till July! Thanks for the support
Amazing news! Well done x

I seem to feel far more anxiety before a check up and xray too, I think because of a fear of the unknown. At a check up you don't know what bad news they might give you. Generally for a filling you mostly know what you're letting yourself in for. What do you think frightens you most about a check up etc?
It’s exactly that! Fear of the unknown. Even needing fillings upset me. I don’t know if I think I should have perfect teeth. Or what. The fear and anxiety feels hardwired

Well done Monarch! We did so well getting through our appts. I have another one next week but I already feel so calm about it guys, for real! 3 fillings on my upper right side and hoping I get and stay fully numb. Keeping my breathe and anxiety under control will definitely help I think. I’ll still take some lorazepam before just to keep the calm, but I feel so much more level going into it. Thank you all for being there for me!

You got this! I’ve been through the multiple fillings in one visit. I like to listen to music while I get my fillings

my kids all have their appointments tomorrow but I make my husband take them because my anxiety knows no bounds. I even get nervous for my husband’s appointment!

Back