• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

9 teeth out. . .but not scared anymore! ! !

A

Anne87

hiya :grouphug:

up until a few weeks ago i hadnt been in about 6 years. for about the past 3 of those years i was in terrible pain :censored: but was too afraid of going to the dentist that i just kept on taking painkillers ang hoping the pain would go away. However it didnt and about 6 weeks ago i took the plunge and went to see a dentist :scared:. she said i needed extractions as my wisdom teeth were causing the abcess which had me in pain for so long. She said i needed 5 teeth out :scared:. needless to say i was petrified but with the help of a very supportive bf, friends and family i plucked up the courage to book an appointment. my appointment was yesterday and the dentist Michael Gough from southside dental practice in inverness was brilliant!!! :jump: He kept me calm until i was sedated. i dont remember anything about the procedure. when i came round i was told that he took 9 teeth :scared:!! my appointment was at 2pm and by 7pm and once the numbness had dissappeared i was fine . i had no pain and have had no pain today at all!! it is a little uncomfortable to eat as i have stitches but no pain!! :jump: i am so happy and relieved :othat its over and all i have to worry about now is check ups which i am going to maintain regularly from now on so i dont have to worry again. I would advise everyone to go, i know its hard but if a dentist can get me on a chair and take 9 teeth from me-anyone can do it. Nothing the dentist can do will hurt you. the pain you suffer from sore teeth is the worst pain i felt in all those years. the two times ive went to the dentist ive felt no pain and i will be going back now to make sure i never have to suffer toothache again!!!!

hi anne. did you go the iv sedation route or oral?

hi elaine i had iv sedation and was then given numbing injections

Back