• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A Few Questions About Post-Extraction

D

dabeddo12

Hey guys! So I had my right Wisdom Teeth removed on Tuesday morning around 11:45 AM (May 26). Tomorrow night (May 29) I am scheduled to go to a country concert. The main question I have is can I drink beer tomorrow night at this concert? I am a little uneasy because of all the threads I've read that alcohol can lead to a dry socket. Am I okay with drinking? Thanks!

I wouldn't just to be on the safe side..... I had mine out seven days ago and have just had water.

Hey guys! So I had my right Wisdom Teeth removed on Tuesday morning around 11:45 AM (May 26). Tomorrow night (May 29) I am scheduled to go to a country concert. The main question I have is can I drink beer tomorrow night at this concert? I am a little uneasy because of all the threads I've read that alcohol can lead to a dry socket. Am I okay with drinking? Thanks!

Yes you can have a drink 5 days after you should be fine. The clot will have done it's job by now :butterfly:

well I guess you can drink. you are in safe timeline for dry socket, but I seen ppl getting dry socket after 7 days.so I would stay away from alcohol for another 3~5 days just to be safe. dry socket is no joke.its up to you but you don't want dry socket over one night fun. you'll be in pain for weeks if you get dry socket
good luck to ya.

When in doubt, don't risk it. That area is still healing and alcohol slows down the healing process. I just had gum flap surgery so I definitely cannot drink for 2 weeks until my doctor gives me the okay at my next check up. I'm thinking I might just extend that until I'm assured my gums are fully healed. (Your good health is not worth a beer.)

well I guess you can drink. you are in safe timeline for dry socket, but I seen ppl getting dry socket after 7 days.so I would stay away from alcohol for another 3~5 days just to be safe. dry socket is no joke.its up to you but you don't want dry socket over one night fun. you'll be in pain for weeks if you get dry socket
good luck to ya.

I have had dry socket a few years ago and it is very painful. It is the same pain that an abscess causes I found the hardest part was not knowing why I was in so much pain. Once I contacted my dentist and went to see him, he packed it and it was instant relief. It healed very quickly.
Everyone is different but if anyone has any worries after extraction it is always best to see their dentist and let them have a look.
Dry socket is painful but isn't something to be terrified of as it is very easily sorted out by the dentist.

Back