• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A lot of work to be done- crowns on front teeth

M

mll

I just came back from my first dental visit in 2 years, other than getting a sinus lift in prep for an implant. I started a new dentist who seems really nice and caring. I have a lot of cavities, even between my front teeth. The dentist wants to crown all 6 of my front teeth on the top. Has anyone else had this done? I think the majority of my teeth are going to end up crowned. All of my molars already are. It's making me really anxious.

Mll,

Glad to hear it sounds like you had a pretty good trip to the dentist and although you were nervous to go you did it and ended up with what sounds like a really nice , caring dentist, that will make such a difference in the journey! I can imagine all to do sounds a little overwhelming at first.

14 years ago, I had a major front revision on my 5 top teeth, and 5 crowns. It was a huge step. and alot of time spent with my dental team, it was definately a process and one of the crowns just wasn't coming out right and we had to redo 2x (so if anything is ever not feeling or looking right, don't hesitiate to ask about it, they want it right for you) .They did end up looking alot better than what I had for sure, it was totally worth it! and actually most of my teeth are crowns except for my partial on bottom. I so thank God for crowns being available to do, its been a lifesaver for me !

This is a great opportunity to build some momentum and trust with a caring nice dentist! keep us up to date :)

Thank you! Did they root canal your teeth for the crowns? Any problems with them?
Can I also ask how old you are? I'm only 41 so this gives me anxiety about longevity.

Mll,

My crowns held up really good and they were really strong and good . I did get some decay on the margins but that is because over the years. I myself, was pretty bad at flossing for sometime and didn't get my gumline like I should.. I totally take the responsibilty.. so because of this I'm actually working on getting some new crowns and getting those filled underneath. but it has been 14 years.. so I call that a win!! and it was SO much better than what I had. Very thankful! I'm 49 :) Honestly.. I"m not positive on the root canals.. I may have.. I've had several. I don't remember which teeth on top they were on for the most part..

That's great news! If I can get 14 years out of them I'll be 55 and about ready for implants. :)

I want to make sure they look natural and I can eat with them.

I’m 30 and just had to get all of my teeth crowned. Currently they are all in temps and that’s probably one of the harder parts of this whole thing. The front 6 have slipped off a few times but not like dropped out of my mouth, just loose and needed to be re glued. I really believe it will be worth it in the end! It’s just a mental challenge getting there.

Thank you! We talked in another thread and I think you were going to post a picture for me. Are you still willing to share with me what the temps look like?

:) glad I could share my pic! I’ll share the finals too when they are done

I just came back from my first dental visit in 2 years, other than getting a sinus lift in prep for an implant. I started a new dentist who seems really nice and caring. I have a lot of cavities, even between my front teeth. The dentist wants to crown all 6 of my front teeth on the top. Has anyone else had this done? I think the majority of my teeth are going to end up crowned. All of my molars already are. It's making me really anxious.
Did u get a sinus lift? Was wondering how that went I may need one as well and terrified

I did get a sinus lift and it was not bad AT ALL. I had zero pain, some swelling and soreness, but no pain.

I did get a sinus lift and it was not bad AT ALL. I had zero pain, some swelling and soreness, but no pain.
Was that for the molar implants? Why did u need to have it done? Tried watching a video on it omg scared me to death! What was you recovery like? Thanks in advance I’m just so not happy right now and so scared

Tried watching a video on it omg scared me to death!

I guess I‘m coming late with this, but you tube videos really will scare the most people. Keep in mind that watching a procedure on a video gives you the sight that a dentist has while treating so there are a lot of things you as a patient won’t see and feel. If you feel you need information about the treatment, the best would be to let your dentist explain to you what you will see, hear and feel and all other details that worry you.

How did everything go? I have a bad cavity between my two front teeth (inherited trait, it would seem, mixed with my not brushing enough) and its been a huge embarrassing for a long time, TOO long and i want it gone. im terrified of what will need to be done and terrified of the shame.

Back