• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

A new and continued journey , challenges and blessings along the way.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
:party::party::party: Well got all my stiches out and it feels amazing like my gums can breath again and I don't have to worry about swallowing random stitch pieces.. My assistant took out the stiches this time and did a great job and was very gentle, they did give me topical , no pain at all! Now my dentist said its time to put the implants where the bone expansion /grafting is in the front.. That was the worst area to work on for me.. well the bone expansion healing was just not fun to put it lightly.. hopefully the implant placement part will be a lot better. He wants to take another ct scan to see how its healing and plan more specifically. so I'll go back for that the week before. I probably won't do it for another month or close since I have to get some more time off work.

I

Ilovemydentistreally

You, my friend, are a real trooper. :) You inspire me but make me feel so inadequate. :D
Seriously, well done indeed. Hope all goes as well as possible.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thought I would update even though I really have nothing to update.. First off @Ilovemydentistreally you are awesome and inspire me :).. Thank you for the kind words all the time. It feels weird going so long having no update.. :). For a while there it was a nice break,, no pain, no swelling , no trips to get stiches out,, just a little healing break.. I know my dentist said I could potentially get the abutments on my lower and my implants in my bone splitting area after 4 months.. well. its 5 months now.. so actually feeling a bit safer and personally planning to go back after 5-6 months just to give more healing time and time for the bone to fuse since my first implant needed a few extra months , better safe..

Back in March my dentist told me I could come in soon for the next part .. then it would have been the 4 months but first he would do another ct scan a week before just to double make sure on all his plans ans how things are healing. well that was the week before Covid hit us hard in the states and right before the state closed down.. REALLY glad I didn't proceed to the next step yet.

Wondering when I will get the chance to...Things are looking a little up. but.. just not sure.. I'm a bit apprehensive to jump too quickly after all this. but at the same time I would love to get going too and get to eating well and having teeth in my mouth the sooner the better. I'm not giving up on this dream.. if they don't call me by June and let me know its good to come in I will call and see what is going on.. I do want to be careful as to not be too agressive with my treatments during covid either..

I really hope my dentist and staff are doing well.. They are emergency dentists and pretty much everyone is shut down here but a few emergency dentists. so I'm guessing they may be busy .but you never know?

I'm getting a ton of emails from every other dentist regarding covid and their policies and changes and information. but nothing from my office.

I really hope the best for everyone here!! I hope your teeth are not causing any pain and issues and you are keeping safe and healthy!! Thinking and praying for all my friends here on DFC!!!!

T

tazey

Thought I would update even though I really have nothing to update.. First off @Ilovemydentistreally you are awesome and inspire me :).. Thank you for the kind words all the time. It feels weird going so long having no update.. :). For a while there it was a nice break,, no pain, no swelling , no trips to get stiches out,, just a little healing break.. I know my dentist said I could potentially get the abutments on my lower and my implants in my bone splitting area after 4 months.. well. its 5 months now.. so actually feeling a bit safer and personally planning to go back after 5-6 months just to give more healing time and time for the bone to fuse since my first implant needed a few extra months , better safe..

Back in March my dentist told me I could come in soon for the next part .. then it would have been the 4 months but first he would do another ct scan a week before just to double make sure on all his plans ans how things are healing. well that was the week before Covid hit us hard in the states and right before the state closed down.. REALLY glad I didn't proceed to the next step yet.

Wondering when I will get the chance to...Things are looking a little up. but.. just not sure.. I'm a bit apprehensive to jump too quickly after all this. but at the same time I would love to get going too and get to eating well and having teeth in my mouth the sooner the better. I'm not giving up on this dream.. if they don't call me by June and let me know its good to come in I will call and see what is going on.. I do want to be careful as to not be too agressive with my treatments during covid either..

I really hope my dentist and staff are doing well.. They are emergency dentists and pretty much everyone is shut down here but a few emergency dentists. so I'm guessing they may be busy .but you never know?

I'm getting a ton of emails from every other dentist regarding covid and their policies and changes and information. but nothing from my office.

I really hope the best for everyone here!! I hope your teeth are not causing any pain and issues and you are keeping safe and healthy!! Thinking and praying for all my friends here on DFC!!!!
I know what you mean being in limbo you want to finish things (not that it's likely right now) but if you did get the chance you don't want to be left stuck in a situation+not able to get help. I'm used to being stuck indoors (to a point) but it's not having doctors/hospital appointments in place that's getting to me,I know I've never had an end date as such but even more so now I just didn't think I'd still be like this a year on. 🙁

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
@tazey, right its a weird place to be in because of pandemic, I can see where you would feel like you were in limbo even before with them not communicating your ending or much of anything. Hope you are doing well Tazey!

T

tazey

I'm getting by,hope your ok? eating is still an issue people keep saying to me go to the doctor but there's nothing he can physically do it's all dental related so just have to wait,stupid to think things would be different by my birthday.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad you are getting by Tazey! I'm okay.. it is frustating and challenging to eat with not too many teeth. I know I am not the only one.. we are all in the company of the best who know how to be resilant as heck . On one hand I can't wait to get this process started again and the other hand I'm very scared what that will look like post Covid.. and post dental office changes.. Changes always trigger my anxiety.. though I know all we can do is take one brave step at a time. Tazey I may have missed it but is your bday soon ?