• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A new and continued journey , challenges and blessings along the way.

Haven't written in a while. not alot going on as just waiting for healing and my bone to integrate with the implant. My son did go in for his second cleaning though just last week and again amazing experience! I'm hoping my son can go to this dentist until he retires.. which hopfully won't be for at least another 20 years or so. So good with kids.. he had no cavities this time. and the cleaning went amazing and he even tolerated mint toothpaste which he hates as well as flouride tx which previous times he has had a hard time letting them paint it on without spitting it out immediately. so that was a win! Everyone was so awesome.. some definate positive momentum!!

You are no doubt ensuring long term dental habits in your son! Well done!

Wow the summer has flown by.. feeling in a bit of dental limbo.. waiting to come up with another payment before I go in for my healing cap phase of my implant. My dentist has been saintly patient with me letting me make payments along the way so haven't done much. but soon hopefully. Also decisions on ultimately the next step. but will also ask my dentist alot of questions when I go in next on his opinion of this. I really trust my current dentist and thankful for his competance, stability and kindness of his entire staff and him. My medical Doctors are wanting me to get my dental done asap due to wanting me on some meds that don't go well with dental work , I'm really not thinking to take them anytime soon because I'm not gong to compromise my dental work. Feeling anything could go wrong at any point. If I won the lottery I'd do it all tomorrow but.. until then. I will wait and do it step by step. I'm just thankful for this community , feeling really blessed to have found everyone here. What a beautiful place to be even when we'd rather not be here battling dental fear. I believe Fear and Shame are silenced when they are shared and spoken.. That is what I have found here!

I have my next appt set for next Friday 27th.. seems like forever I had this implant put in but was only since April. Well I was supposed to go in August to check integration with the bone but the summer went way too fast . Got a call from the clinic saying it was time . :) so . I'm going to get it checked and possibly get healing cap on if everything is ok. I kind of enjoyed the brief reprieve from dental work,, at the same time , I actually love my clinic and dentist and when I have to go enjoy my visits with everyone there , they've all been very good to me and thankful to have a kind ,competant and painfree dentist.

Its easier for me to go back in when I have momentum built up and its been a few months so time to get that momentum going again. I know everything will be ok ultimately. but the process goes on ..

Time really does fly :o ... Wishing you all the best for your appointment and keeping my fingers crossed that it has integrated nicely :thumbsup: !

Thanks Letsconnect :) I hate to say too that one reason I love going to the dentist is they have my favorite bakery of little mini tortes just down the street.. :) its a great excuse to grab one.. and who doesn't need a chocolate mousse after a dental procedure when you need soft food.

That looks almost too pretty to eat! Good luck with your next appointment.

Thank you Sol!! :)

This looks awesome! I would definitely want to see my dentist more often if there was a bakery with such lovely cakes! :love: Good luck on 27th and enjoy the treat!

Well, its that day.. 5 more hours and I"ll be in the chair.. its been nearly 6 months since I've been.. Not even sure what is all going on today.. but I guess I will soon.. its checking on my implant and possibly getting healing cap. As much as I love and trust my dentist and team,its still dental work.. so .. if anyone has some positive vibes to send my way. all are appreciated :). I'm expecting to give a good report after .

Sending you good vibes and well wishes. I know your dentist is a keeper and you totally got this. Look forward to your happy review after the procedure!!! :clover::clover::clover:

All the best for today's appointment - keeping my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:!!! (P.S. will that bakery still be open :drool:??)

Yes!! I believe its open until 10 :)...

Hope all goes well for you! I look forward to reading your update!

So... I went and got my abutment in today. and I still really can't believe it. Actually this went even better than my last implant. I got to try out the new waterlaser today and they got the cover screw out and put the abutment in all with the waterlaser. No cutting, no flap, no stitches needed. I have my abutment in. First they used just topical and it was pretty fine but they were going deeper a little so to make sure I was absolutely comfortable he did give me a few shots of local. I can see though for smaller fillings and less deep work how this might totally work with no anesthetic, I was amazed. My dentist and assistant were so kind and patient and just the best throughout the time. This is dental Heaven in the US. :)

So... I went and got my abutment in today. and I still really can't believe it. Actually this went even better than my last implant. I got to try out the new waterlaser today and they got the cover screw out and put the abutment in all with the waterlaser. No cutting, no flap, no stitches needed. I have my abutment in. First they used just topical and it was pretty fine but they were going deeper a little so to make sure I was absolutely comfortable he did give me a few shots of local. I can see though for smaller fillings and less deep work how this might totally work with no anesthetic, I was amazed. My dentist and assistant were so kind and patient and just the best throughout the time. This is dental Heaven in the US. :)

:jump::jump::jump: yayyy! Happy all went well! Well done!

Fantastic news :cloud9: - well done :cheers:!! (did you manage to get to the cake shop in time?)

I did manage to make it to the bakery :) .... and got a few lovely mousse tortes ..and some soup at the soup shop next door . And.. its Sunday 2 days later. I can still hardly believe how easy it all was and how cool the waterlaser was and how there is no pain whatsoever, really the whole time after.. I went back to eating , nothing feels weird.. now I just have this little nub sticking out where it was gum... I'm a bit taken back how easy it actually was..

The part I will not really like is next , which includes impressions and sending my partial with those impressions.... as the implant crown will secure to the partial .. so has to fit perfect. That will be hard to be without partial for several weeks. The rest of appt . well. I'm sure it will go well as usual with this dentist and team. I'm really feeling more and more comfortable each time my dentist always proves himself more!

Glad you were able to treat yourself to some goodies afterward! You are making me more and more curious about the water laser. I wish my dentist had one. I wonder if any dentists in my area have them. Yes, being without the partial sounds like quite a challenge but it will definitely pay off in the end! So glad you are gaining positive momentum with your dentist!

Back