• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A new and continued journey , challenges and blessings along the way.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough recovery. Maybe stick to soups til you can see your dentist and get the stitches checked out. Doesn’t seem like they should be coming out yet? Here’s hoping this is the hardest part and things improve from here.

Thanks Kit Kat. Yes I've been eating nothing but smooth liquids soups and plain ice creams and applesauce is as daring as I've got :) not much the last few days . ill look forward to eating more soon.

I'm sitting in the dental chair as we speak waiting for the dentist. Hoping I can get a few more stiches to feel more secure w this.

Well I am back from the dentist had another surgery todaycleaned out both areas and filled w more graft and put membrane and stiches back up. I am hurting pretty bad right though I took some Tylenol and Advil a few hours ago. The next dose of Tylenol will be the heavy pain meds . despite all the pain I know it will be worth it and my dentist and assistants are really great through it all! . I stopped by my fav soup place and bakery to get a chocolate mousse torte and soup when I can eat. Hope that will be soon.

One thing I really appreciate about my dentist he really does care and is empathetic. Today he told me. "You've already done the hardest part and you did it very bravely. Anything will be easier. This is one of the hardest procedures and you did it! "

How encouraging to hear that from your dentist! He is correct; you are very brave and I am in awe of you. It sounds like they did a lot today which is challenging after just having gone through so much. Good for you on finding a way to reward yourself with some goodies (even if you can’t eat them yet). Sorry to hear you are still dealing with pain. When is your next follow up appointment?

Thanks Kit Kat!! I go in next week for a follow up next Tuesday. I also got antibiotics this time. I'm keeping a running notebook on my pain meds and antibiotic times so I remember and keep up.

Well. Post op #2 is upon me this morning. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting another stitching. Seems they are all loose though none have fallen. Dont think the area is secure enough not to have stiches as I'm sure I am aware of what bovine taste like now.

I work in a busy call center line so this may have to do with part if reason hard to give my mouth a rest . hoping I can get some healing here.

I am being excessively careful in my eating basically nothing but liquid soups and ice cream and applesauce is the thickest I've eaten.

Hopefully it won't be too bad of report.

I am back from 2nd post op. I had to get restiched. This time he stiches through the bone to give it better hold. Hopefully they stay good and this week is a good week if healing. He did say it is better than last week bone graph pretty much stayed in so didn't need any more bone graph.

This time when I got the local shot I felt thr adrenaline . heart racing and a bit dizzy. Just sat for a moment. Had a drink of water. Then was fine.

At home just resting now. My dentist and assistant are really sweet people and that makes everything so much easier knowing they really care.

I did not realize how involved this healing process would be. Sounds like you are taking everything in stride. Glad to hear things are staying put. Not sure that I would be as calm as you are about stitches but the only time that I’ve had them, I was sedated (wisdom teeth). It must be difficult trying to work with a job that requires you to speak so much.

Thank you for your encouragement Kit Kat! I am really keeping the end goal as my main focus I think that is how I get through partly. Partly I have the most amazing friends and support here on DFC to go through this whole thing with :) and my dentist is just a gem!! Along with the assistant and whole team.. I guess being thankful for where I'm at even though going through a pretty hard journey. I just know in the end will be worth it!! ?????

On a job note. My dentist did give me a note to "talk the least possible" based off my suggested wording. And. Today they let me be on our online chat project so I didn't have to talk at all!!!

Wow! Just wow. Following your bravery and positivity. Totally amazing you are. Pity about the pain though. :( Sounds like dentist is happy too? May you be well quickly. Keep us posted?

Thank you for your encouragement @Ilovemydentistreally :) I am really inspired by you! I will Definately keep you posted. My dentist is a very positive person and reassuring. That is something I really appreciate about him. And my assistant to is the sweetest. I just feel very blessed! My next appt is Christmas eve morning. I'm saying my prayers no more stiches!! That will be ChrIstmas gift. :)

:dance2:3 weeks and 3 days after the start of my major rehaul of my mouth project..
Looks like 3rd time is the charm for stiches. They have lasted!! :) its a week and 2 days after and none have come out this time that I know of , and I am now eating soft food, cake, mashed potatoes, crablegs.. so excited to be eating more than soup :thumbsup!::cheer2:
dance2[1].gif.. and excited to eat more as I go. now the bottom is just waiting on the bone graft healing and the implants fusing with bone . Onto the top work.. the sinus lifts , bone grafts and implants and possible root canal and crowns. I'll do the next step in January. maybe towards the middle to end. while I have some momentum going at the same time letting my tissues rest a bit and giving me some time to eat a bit.
Sometimes, I miss my old dentist but I'm coming to really appreciate the safety, stability and competence of my new dentist. He and my assistant are really sweet people as well. Feeling very blessed.

HOpe you all had a beautiful Christmas and hope we all have a year of dental breakthroughs in 2020!!! So glad to be a part of DFC!!! It is one of lifes biggest blessings!!

So glad that you are finally getting to eat some soft solid foods and that the stitches have stayed put! Wow! You are on quite a journey! I do no know what sinus lifts are...I’m tempted to Google it...

Sounds like some good news here! (Finally, after three weeks you definitely deserve some good news and some good food as well! :hungry:). Give yourself a pat on the back for surviving the healing time up to now, enjoy the days, the food and the small break you have until the next work and keep us posted!:you-rock:

@Enarete .. Thank you!! :) and how awesome is the little emoji with the fork and knife.. :) ... @kitkat Thank you also... :) and I have to admit I did google it briefly myself then stopped at that .. and just decided I better not look too much and just trust its not as bad as it looks.. eeks... going to tonight to hopefully get these stiches out.. :)

Well. I got back just a bit ago and he looked and said its healing well and wants to keep the stiches in and check back in one more week. So nothing done. Just a quick peek. :) all is good.

Yahoo!! Thanks for your reports. Progress indeed. :)
Talk of crabs legs makes me hungry right now (5am...) But I should be asleep, I guess. :(
What a well-deserved Christmas present. Very, very, happy for you!!

Well. I got back just a bit ago and he looked and said its healing well and wants to keep the stiches in and check back in one more week. So nothing done. Just a quick peek. :) all is good.

Thank goodness for that; onwards and upwards from now on!

Thank you so much @Ilovemydentistreally !! lol I"ve woken up hungry too, then thinking of things Id love to eat or seen pics..lol. I can't wait to eat more really.. :) @Aurora10 Thanks again... yes.. Onward and upward.. and literally upward,. onto the top teeth next :cool:;)

Back