• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A new and continued journey , challenges and blessings along the way.

Thank you so much @Ilovemydentistreally !! You also are inspiration!! That means alot :). I have to get every ounce of courage up to step up to this challenge and everytime I go.. keeping the goal in mind..I'm so so glad to be a part of DFC.. what a strength in this community to know we have people who understand and cheering us on . Its very priceless!! :).. sometimes when I go into my appt. I just know I bring you all with me in spirit! so I do not go it alone!

On that note, its almost Friday here, and Monday is my appt. Right now I"m at peace.. and I'm hoping to keep that but know it is always a bit of roller coaster of emotions as things get closer.. Also realizing , how I have like a few phases of surgeries but then I also have follow ups.. well.. my dental team we will be seeing alot of each other and hope they don't tire of me too much.. Its a vulnerable state to have to depend on people so much .. Well those are my thoughts right now..

I'm planning on my trip to the soup restaurant and favorite bakery after the dental surgery.. that is my immediate prize..

Its the night before the 2nd phase surgery.. and feeling like the calm before the storm.. hopefully the storm is a rather calm one with a beautiful rainbow after :). Feeling pretty at peace with everything but hey, its dental surgery so I'm sure my Blood Pressure will crank its way up to 180 tomorrow morning. Made some cakepops for fun today and decided to throw in some tooth cake pops to bring tomorrow. Going to clean up a bit and make sure I have enough liquid Ibuprophen and Acetaminphen to last me a couple days . Will eat a good breakfast tomorrow.. and head off after I bring my son to school.. I could use all your thoughts and prayers tomorrow at 9am.. :).. :innocent: :innocent: :grouphug:. One more step to better eating will be over :)

You’ve got this!!! Will definitely send up prayers tonight and tomorrow morning! Can’t wait to read your success story! :grouphug::cheer2::cheer::thumbsup!::jump::perfect::star:

Thank you so much! @kitkat ... :) :0.. I"ll look forward to sharing it!! So glad to have DFC!!!! :grouphug: :love::love::love::thankyou::XXLhug:

Thank you so much @Scared all the time !! :grouphug: :love::love:. Geting a little nervous as I get ready here. But I always feel like I have people going with me in spirit from DFC!!

I just checked the time in Minneapolis and see it’s nearly 9am there.... keeping my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:! Wishing you the very best of luck :clover::clover::clover::grouphug:

I'm here in the waiting room and heart is beating a bit but fairly calm still. Here we go any minute now!! Soon will be out the other side

So just got back a little bit ago.I survived and so did they lol. My dentist and assistant couldn't have been better. They were so patient and gentle the whole time. The sinus lifts were really not a big deal couldn't tell the difference between that or regular grafting myself.

He gave me a 98 percent pain free anesthetic experience today with no issues w the adrenilene so I was so happy. Got all three implants in and grafting and all looks good.

Got an appt for one week for follow up. The anesthetic still is mostly effective just starting that slightly tingly wear g off process.

Now that I've done this I feel way less scared of sinus lifts.

Thank you all for thoughts and prayers and your support!!

Yay! So glad it went well! It is nice when something you are scared of turns out to be not a big deal.

Well done and glad it went so well. :jump: Wishing you a speedy recovery, may the healing go smoothly and comfortably and may the stitches (do you have any?) stay where they are!

That’s wonderful news - so happy for you :cheer::welldone:!! Wishing you a speedy and easy recovery :)!

Great news. I hope you stay well and recover soon ❤️

Thank you all SO much for your encouragement prayers and good thoughts :).. They meant so much!! Its 2 days after my procedure and my pain is nearly gone. just a slight ache and taking a minimal amount of tylenol and ibuprophen to manage. I do have a couple loose stiches possibly or he didn't clip off the ends.. not sure but just texted them to see about switching my apptfor followup so he can take a look and at least ease my mind.

Just want to encourage anyone.. If your office is a multi dentist practice.. Don't be afraid to ask for your dentist alone..all dentists are not created equal. some have all great but some do not. Not to scare anyone. just as a nervous patient I"m a bit picky on who I see. Mine went from single dentist practice to having a few. And was definately nervous about the transition. I trust my dentist and don't trust the others.. I talked to my dentist and some other staff about making sure I only get my dentist and they said they would make sure that happens . Unless he is out and they let me know and I approve it.. ( I can't see doing that).. anyways. Just an encouragement to always ask for what you need and don't be ashamed at having a preference for certain Dentists. :)

First follow up after this surgery was last night. everything went great and looks great and like the healing is going better than expected. which was nice to hear,. He cut one stich out and said the rest will disolve and that everything looks great and to come back in a week . made an appt for 10 days since the week appts were full ..

Stopped by my favorite bakery on the way back and got myself a treat or two.. ;)

After dentist rituals

Attachments

• 20200229_081508_Film1.jpg
    20200229_081508_Film1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
That looks tasty!

Glad to see everything is going well for you ?

Thanks @frostgirl ! This is definately one of my favorite desserts :). How are you doing??

@krlovesherkids777 I'm doing well, I had my check up and cleaning yesterday and it went really well. I felt a lot less nervous than I did before and I didn't have any problems ? thank you for all of your advice over the years

So glad to hear @frostgirl :) :).. Thanks for all your encourgement :)....

So... tomorrow is my follow up and these stiches are getting old. Resorbable stitches drive me a little crazy, as they randomly fall out and I worry about swallowing little stich pieces, so its just a weird feeling as they are working their way out. lost a few this weekend but still enough in there to make me feel secure. I do hope everything is well enough tomorrow to take them all out so I don't have to worry about them falling on their own.

Back