• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A warm welcome to Lincoln Hirst - our latest dentist!

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may have noticed that there is a new dentist on the block - Lincoln Hirst (or Dr Hirst for short) :thumbsup:. Lincoln practices dentistry in the (in?)aptly named "Beehive Dental Practice" in Welwyn Garden City, England. He qualified as a dentist in 1988. In his own words:

"Nothing gives me more satisfaction than helping dental phobics. I am happy to discuss your concerns on the telephone or by email prior to meeting.
In addition to sedation facilities I now have the "wand" computerised local anaesthetic system which has greatly enhanced my ability to give pain-free local anaesthetic."

Lincoln aka drhirst will be checking in every couple of days to answer a post or two, as time allows (hopefully there'll be lots of time, as he's a fountain of phobia knowledge!).

A big welcome to Lincoln Hirst :welcome:!!

:welcome: To the forum.:cheers:

A big :welcome: from me too.....dentists with TheWand are pretty popular around here but in such short supply.
Great to have another pair of hands on deck.
Why 'The Beehive' out of interest:ROFLMAO:?

OOoh glad to hear the latest buuuzzzz about the new guy! :jump: Welcome welcome welcome!

A big :welcome: from me too.....dentists with TheWand are pretty popular around here but in such short supply.
Great to have another pair of hands on deck.
Why 'The Beehive' out of interest:ROFLMAO:?

We called the practice beehive because "we sting you in the mouth then sting you in the pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :devilish:

No sorry – inappropriate humour. The practice is located in a road called Beehive Lane and has been called Beehive practice for about 55 years. I would agree it is a terrible name – my wife hates it.

Lincoln

I thought it was because all your dental staff had 'do's like this:

beehiveDM3009_468x466.jpg

We called the practice beehive because "we sting you in the mouth then sting you in the pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :devilish:

No sorry – inappropriate humour. The practice is located in a road called Beehive Lane and has been called Beehive practice for about 55 years. I would agree it is a terrible name – my wife hates it.

Lincoln

Reminds me of an anecdote Letsconnect has heard before...my OH actually returned to a practice for treatment (NHS1980s) where there were wasps trapped in the overhead light and they told him to ignore them.....I could never have returned there....

Last edited:

;D

I would agree it is a terrible name – my wife hates it.

Your what... your w-WIFE :scared:???? Tell us it's not true :cry::cry::cry:

(only joking, though you may have broken some phobic hearts here :innocent:)

OOoh glad to hear the latest buuuzzzz about the new guy! :jump: Welcome welcome welcome!

zzz you should ba ashamed of yourself, that was an aweful joke! although i would have said it if you hadn't.....

:rolleyes: It's actually not thhhaaaat dingy down there! You're more than welcome to come check it out! :whistle:

Just wanted to welcome you aboard;D

Welcome from me too. <waves>

Thanks everyone - i have been made to feel well and truly welcome!

A fab dentist - Lincoln do you have a twin in Cornwall - we are struggling

THis forum is like dentist pokemon, all we need is some hygenists, periodontists and endodontists and we will have collected the whole set.

Oh, my gosh wouldnt that be wonderful! What a blessing to al of us!
I know there are people here that have asked questions of the professionals who give of their time here that they wouldnt ask otherwise out of shyness or fear,etc

Back