• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

a work in progress

T

tcooper

Feb.12,208 had a dentist app. for X-ray and a free consultation at a dentist. I knew going in that my teeth were bad. It was al my fault that I let them get to this stage, and my fears were answered. I needed 22 extractions and full set of dentures. So on Feb.21,2018 had 22 teeth removed and my immediate dentures inserted. My face a gums swelled immediately. Thank God for pain meds!!!
I remember them telling me to leave them in for 24 hrs. I did not hear take them out the 2nd night.So left them in for 48 hrs. I did take them out one a time to clean. I was really worried about swelling and not getting them back in. The pain putting them in the next morning 2/23/18 was terrible. but after they were in the pain subsided. Then most of the swelling went down. So now my bottom denture doesn't fit right. and my top one is rubbing sore spot on m gums right behind my lip. I have to take my bottom one out to eat. cause it also has sharp edges. I'm thinking I made a big mistake in taking all my teeth out rotten or not.
My dentist was awesome and probably was the lest painful dental visit I have ever had. All of the extractions were simple. So I had no scrapings or stitches. And my teeth looked even worse laying there on the tray than they did in my mouth. I called and going in 2/27/2018 to t my gums looked at and hopefully they can fix the problems with my immediate dentures. I know this is a work in progress,but having a sore mouth and gum pain is the worst. And I'm always tired, and between6 and 7pm I get so cold. And why is everything so Hot all of a sudden? I ate mashed potatoes and they got hung up under my tongue an bottom plate in burned my tongue and bottom of my mouth. s upset I almost threw my bottom plate across the dinning room.
I will up date tomorrow evening. have a blessed day fellow denture wearers

today(2/27/2018)
I went in to have my immediate dentures look at. They did a soft line and trimmed the rough edges that hurt. my dentures look good and feel great. now just need to heal and learn how to eat in them

Attachments

• TPhoto_00002.jpg
    TPhoto_00002.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 13
Back