• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Aberystwyth, Wales - Website Links

brit

brit

Administrator
Staff member
Some interesting websites for anxious patients in Aberystwyth:
http://portland-dental.co.uk/index.htm
Pain Management
We know that going to the Dentist still makes some people anxious so we aim to make your experience as 'fear free' as possible. Any injections are administered in an almost painless way and for patients who are more anxious, we have other methods of relaxation that we can use. If you do have any concerns, please discuss it with us.

A

audrey

Some interesting websites for anxious patients in Aberystwyth:
http://portland-dental.co.uk/index.htm
Pain Management
We know that going to the Dentist still makes some people anxious so we aim to make your experience as 'fear free' as possible. Any injections are administered in an almost painless way and for patients who are more anxious, we have other methods of relaxation that we can use. If you do have any concerns, please discuss it with us.
does this dentist take on NHS pations or not only I am looking for a dentist that will help me to get rid of my fear for going to the dentist

thanks audrey:innocent:

Last edited:
brit

brit

Administrator
Staff member
According to the website it is private only - there is a fee schedule on there and it doesn't look outrageously high.
Most of our listed practices are private since it is easier for a private dentist (who can charge for their time whether any dental work gets done or not) to personalise the care to the patient's needs.
Even if going private, it is still a good idea to get recommendations before committing to major work, private guarantees they can more easily choose to spend more time helping you but it is no guarantee of work quality.

Obviously how a particular practitioner makes you feel i.e. whether you click and feel you can trust them is also a factor. Good luck.

M

Melon

According to the website it is private only - there is a fee schedule on there and it doesn't look outrageously high.
Most of our listed practices are private since it is easier for a private dentist (who can charge for their time whether any dental work gets done or not) to personalise the care to the patient's needs.
Even if going private, it is still a good idea to get recommendations before committing to major work, private guarantees they can more easily choose to spend more time helping you but it is no guarantee of work quality.

Obviously how a particular practitioner makes you feel i.e. whether you click and feel you can trust them is also a factor. Good luck.
I think they do take on children NHS if the parent is a private patient at the practice. I have just registered with them and saw Mr Chris Coetzee who is absolutely brilliant. Having suffered a succession of dreadful dentists following my long term dentist's retirement (it is easy to see why people have a phobia) my first treatment there was root canal surgery on a front tooth. Mr Coetzee is very nice and very skilled and I can honestly say that I had no pain either during or following the procedure.