• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Abscess or cyst on gum. Help please! :(

Nenap

Nenap

About a week ago i noticed a bump forming on my gum under a root canaled tooth that has a crown. I just figured it would go away but now its starting to worry me. It has increased in size and is very painful to the touch. Wondering if its nothing or if i should see a dentist. I don't have insurance so if its something that will go away on its own i really don't want to go and spend a bunch of money. :(

Attachments

• tooth.JPG
    tooth.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 40
I would make an appointment with your dentist.

Try some warm salt water rinses in the meantime, if its an infectrion it will draw it out, releive the pressure and pain. But decan is right, trust me, you have no idea what is happening underneath there- see your dentist.

See a dentist!
If its an abscess then it'll eventually be very painful!!
best to go get it checked out :)

Thanks everybody!

I went to the dentist today. Its a fistula and they have to extract whats left of the root canaled tooth next week. He said it was a pretty bad infection. and i'll have to get a bridge when its done. All for about $2700. :(

I'm on antibiotics now to try to kill it out before my surgery

Back