• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Absess, Flap Surgery and now Severe Pain

L

latenight

2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with an absess and went for a Perio consultation. They determined I had a very bad infection and very deep pockets in the upper left quadrant.

Wednesday AM they did flap surgery and I was in some pain afterwards but it was manageable.

Fast forward to today and I am in extreme pain in one tooth whenever I put any pressure at all on it (hit it with my tongue or bite on anything). I called my Periodontist and my dentist and both think that I don't need root canal but I have irritated the tooth where the root meets the bone and I just need to give it time to heal.

Any chance that the gum flap surgery changed my bite a little and this is why I have so much pain in one tooth?

I can't see how that could happen to be honest, it's a bit of an odd coincidence though.

Back