• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

absolutely petrified for tomorrow :( need some support

H

had-enough

I have my first dentist appointment in years in the morning at 9am I am so scared and cant stop feeling sick I have multiple broken teeth and I am more scared about the damage iv done and having to have them all removed. Just looking for some reassurance and support to help me thro the night and tomorrow. :cry:

You poor thing. There's nothing I can say to make you feel better at this point, but please believe me when I say that I know how you feel. I didn't go to the dentist for years, and when I did end up going I had multiple broken teeth and had to have seven removed. I still remember sitting up all night the night before my first visit. I will be thinking of you, and I can tell you this... You will NOT regret doing this tomorrow. No matter what the dentist proposes, and you will probably be pleasantly surprised by what he/she says, you will have overcome this great fear that has stopped you going for so long. You are amazingly brave, and you are able to do it. I wish you all the luck in the world for tomorrow, and can't wait for you to post tomorrow after your appointment is all over.

:XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug:

Hi.
Good luck for tomorrow. My New Years resolution was to sort my teeth out this year and so I know how you feel. My teeth are not in a very good state. I was nervous/scared/ashamed but you're doing a good thing and I'm sure it won't be nearly as bad as you think.
Stay strong. :)

Thanks so much for your replies and kind words. I am in a way looking forward to it to get started on treatment and get a healthy smile back. Luckily I think my front ones are okay and should only need maybe a clean. Touch wood. I will report back tomorrow after I have been but I NEED to do this to put some happiness back into my life as I have a beautiful son and partner and feel like I cant I enjoy it or be happy with this hanging over my head. Also I hope I am pleasantly suprised it would be lovely to be happy leaving the dentist rather then upset/angry at myself.
Which seven teeth did u need removed? Back ones? What did u replace them with?
Thanks again people. Thanks god for this forum

@louisev we shared the same resolution and im hoping it will be one I actually achieve :)

I have my first dentist appointment in years in the morning at 9am I am so scared and cant stop feeling sick I have multiple broken teeth and I am more scared about the damage iv done and having to have them all removed. Just looking for some reassurance and support to help me thro the night and tomorrow. :cry:

Im in the same boat as you hun. I have my apointment at 9:30am tomorrow And am having 6 teeth pulled including wisdom teeth plus fillings. I havent been to a dentist other than my comprehensive appointment I had when I found out that I needed this work done in about 20 years. Im terrified!

How about ill think and pray for tomorrow for strength, courage and healing and you do the same for me. We can be eachothers support system!

We can do this :)

Good luck for your appointment heart_shaped_glasses yep seems were peetty much in the same boat. Did u sleep at all last night think I had about 3/4 hours :( let me know how u get on at your appointment when u get back. Free free to add me if u need a chat x

Hi.
I made it through my first appointment and I survived yey :jump: I do need alot of work done as I expected but they are not going to pull them all as I feared. I need alot of extractions being all the back teeth and replaced with a partial :( which isnt great buy hey its better then whats going on in there atm. I am also having all my front teeth capped so I will evenually have a decent smile again. I am bring referred to the dental hospital for the extractions and I will be put to sleep for the surgery. Still worrying about the recovery though but I guess it needs to be done. I did also have a slight breakdown when he asked if I was okay but he didnt scold me or tell me off :) thanks for your support. Let me know how you grt on at your app today xx

:jump::jump:Well done, your appointment seems to have gone well. Do you feel relieved that it's behind you, and you know what is to happen. You will be really happy when your mouth is fixed. The seven teeth I had out were mostly back ones as well as two at the front. No pain at the time, but sore afterwards when it was healing, although controlled by painkillers. Good luck with your next appointment, sounds like you have found a nice dentist.

Hugs to all going through treatment, or waiting for appointments.

:jump:Well done, your appointment seems to have gone well. Do you feel relieved that it's behind you, and you know what is to happen. You will be really happy when is fixed. The seven teeth I had out were mostly back ones as well as two at the front. No pain at the time, but sore afterwards when it was healing, although controlled by painkillers. Good luck with your next appointment, sounds like you have found a nice dentist.

Hugs to all going through treatment, or waiting for appointments.

Yes!! I do still feeling a bit ashamed I let it get this far and feek like the only 25yo thats facing partials. Do you have partials if so are they ok? Hard to get used too? sorry for all the questions just a little freaked at the idea.
if it wasnt for people like you I would never have had the courage to go as I refuse to let anyone other then my partner know how bad it is and he doesnt understand and would be still sat feeling sorry for myself. :) :)
I have to wait for my next appointment to come the post which is a consultation at the hospital then next one will be treatment.. cant wait o_O

Well you won't be the first 25yo with partials. I was 25 when I got mine!! I LOVED how I looked with them, after years of not being able to smile (including on my wedding day - think I was probably the only bride the photographer had to keep asking to smile). Yes, they were very hard to get used to, but the pros outweighed the cons, and after a few weeks I was mostly used to them. Please don't worry about asking questions. The unknown is very scary, and if others have been there first, and can tell you their experiences, it makes it easier to deal with. Have a read of some of the journals. There are some really brave people on there who have kindly shared their experiences. I've had a lot of help from reading them.

Its so good that you were able to go through with your appointment. I know you have some big steps ahead, but you will get lots of support here to help you. Good luck!
:XXLhug::clover::clover::XXLhug:

I just wanted to say a HUGE well done for going to your appointment :grin: very well done! I can understand how terrifying it was, but you did it. I'm glad the dentist was nice, you definitely didn't deserve to be told off or made to feel embarrassed.

I'll look forward to reading more posts from you as you have your treatment, good luck with it all, Claire x

Well you wont be first 25yo with partials. I was 25 when I got mine!! I LOVED how I looked with them, after years of not being able to smile (including on my wedding day - think I was probably the only bride the photographer had to keep asking to smile). Yes, they were very hard to get used to, but the pros outweighed the cons, and after a few weeks I was mostly used to them. Please don't worry about asking questions. The unknown is very scary, and if others have been there first, and can tell you their experiences, it makes it easier to deal with. Have a read of some of the journals. There are some really brave people on there who have kindly shared their experiences. I've had a lot of help from reading them.

Its so good that you were able to go through with your appointment. I know you have some big steps ahead, but you will get lots of support here to help you. Good luck!
:XXLhug::clover::clover::XXLhug:

hey thanks so much. I feel so much better knowing iam not alone with the partials. Cant believe you have been through this and now your love how your teeth look. Basically thats all I aim for to be able to smile without hiding it and the biggest thing to get some family photos done with my boy before hes "too old" for mammy kisses hehe thanks you again dont you where I woukd be without you :) :respect:

I am in the same situation. Have to have some back teeth removed and also a partial denture. I made this year my year to sort of my teeth over and above anything else. I got a bit emotional when I was told I'd need a partial denture, but having talked more to the dentist/doctor and seeing results and some personal online research, I am feeling positive about it all. I had my first two extractions today at the back. Painless. Surprised me how painless it was. I am sitting here with still a bit of a numb mouth but no big pain so far, am taking painkillers just in case though. Can't wait to reach the end of this journey and smile properly for once. It's great being around people in the same situation on here.

Yorkie, well done for being brave :XXLhug:. I was absolutely devastated when I found out I had to have a partial, and very, very emotional. I went for a second opinion, just in case there was some hope (there wasn't!). However, the improvement from before was immense. You have done well to make this the year to get your mouth sorted out, and you will feel so glad you did. You should be very proud of yourself. It's people like you and all the other scared ones that give me strength too!

Had Enough... :redface: thank you! You have got your priorities spot on. Photos with your lovely boy sound like the best reason in the world to get your smile fixed! At least you won't look as sullen as I did on my wedding day :ROFLMAO:.

Back