• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Accidental Drill Slip during Root Canal

J

janetng

My palate has an abraision by the tooth my dentist did a root canal on due to his slipping and connecting the drill to my palate rather than the tooth.  It's a little red and tender, and it just happened yesterday.  I felt it happen, but it didn't hurt because I was numb.  How do I treat this?  Salt water rinse?  Is it dangerous to have a scraped palate like this? or will it just heal by itself?

I also have a small red pimple-looking thing on the cheekside next to the tooth that had root canal.  It appears to have a light yellow head (very small).  It's a little sore, too.  Should I be concerned about this?

This is just a stupid guess But I would say go back to your Dentist This is easier said than done I know but If it hurts is it not better to get it sorted??? :grouphug:

The abrasion on the palate isn't a big deal, unless it's huge, which I doubt from your message. Sorry if I'm reading too much into it.
The wee spot thing could well be normal, I'd rinse round with some salty water for a day or so and see what happens.

You shouldn't worry about the little scratch on the roof of your mouth. The area has a very good blood supply and will heal very quickly. The little pimple-like swelling on the cheek side is the remnant of the abscess you had. It will continue to subside and will heal in a day or two.

Back