• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Aching top back teeth

N

Nae32

I went to the dentist last week after 17 years and it was okay, i have to have a few fillings and a clean but thats about all, now i have this shocking cold with a cough and my top 2 back teeth on the left have started to ache like they have lots of pressure on them, the dentist gave my top teeth the all clear last week so i doubt anything has happened to them in the last week, but I guess I am wondering if they could be aching due to the cold that i have, has anyone else experienced this or know if this is possible, Im not ready to go back to the dentist just yet, but think that if this pain hasn't gone soon i will have to because it is driving me mad. Can anyone help.:(

Sometimes if I have a really bad cold my upper back teeth ache and I've always attributed it to being really bunged up and having blocked sinuses.

If it carries on post cold it might be worth having a word with your dentistand checking it out.

You poor thing though, having a horrible cold after your dental visit. I hope that you feel better soon.

Glad to hear that your dentist's visit went well. Good for you!

I often get the feeling you're experiencing when I have a cold. Bovary is right, it's more to do with your sinuses than with your teeth themselves. Sometimes when I have a cold or a migraine, even, I feel like I just want to pull my top back teeth out to relieve some of the pressure but as soon as the cold or headache is cleared up, that pressure goes away.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you both for your posts, it makes me feel better to know that it is most likely due to this awful cold, even more so when after going to the dentist and being told my top teeth were fine then all of a sudden they started aching of course i thought the worst, my cold seems a bit better today and i have to say that the pressure isnt as bad as it was yesterday, so again thank you.

Back