• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Acrylic vs. Ceramic all on four implants

E

ennogs

Does anybody have experience of the all on four implants? Today I had a consultation with a dentist. She told me there are two choices for the all on four implants. The choices are acrylic and ceramic.

She told me people who go for the acrylic all on four implants normally get them replaced about every 3 years. Is that true? I thought the all on four was fitted for life? I have seen dentists who offer a lifetime guarantee for the all on four.

Which is better acrylic all on four or ceramic all on four?

Does anybody have experience of the all on four implants? Today I had a consultation with a dentist. She told me there are two choices for the all on four implants. The choices are acrylic and ceramic.

She told me people who go for the acrylic all on four implants normally get them replaced about every 3 years. Is that true?
TYpically longer

I thought the all on four was fitted for life?If you take great care and have them well done AND are lucky then yes the implants may last you decades but the teeth on them probably not. Especially not if they are plastic teeth. I have seen dentists who offer a lifetime guarantee for the all on four. I can assure you there are holes in those guarantees. I also wouldn't trust a doctor who guarantees treatment.

Which is better acrylic all on four or ceramic all on four?

Depends. There are also ones with metal support and ones that don't have it.

Back