• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Advice needed in a lot of pain

F

Funkyfish586

Firstly im sorry if this isnt the right section. Basically i woke up on Saturday in a lot of pain with a back molar it is completely out on the blue & the tooth was root canaled 2 years ago & im having it crowned in a few months. Anyhoo i wake up & all the gum around my 3 back teeth are red and swollen & it hurts a lot when i bite down. I flossed it thinking it was food & the pain in my gums is incredible it actually feels like gum pain not tooth pain. If the floss so much as pushes on my gum i want to punch myself in the face. The weird thing is my wisdom teeth are coming through & i have this pain in my gum the other side at the back too. There is no space for my wisdom teeth to come in at the top & i am in a huge panic about it all. DR google has filled my head with failed root canals etc & i really cannot go back to the dentist as i was only there last week. The dentist said at my check up that my gums were pristine & all my teeth ( apart from the filled ones) were healthy & now this. Im getting married in 33 days :( im so scared. The pain is odd its not like abcessy pain, its more of a pressure pain. I dont know what im hoping to achieve by posting but im too embarressed to go back to the dentist :( :cry::cry::cry:

Firstly im sorry if this isnt the right section. Basically i woke up on Saturday in a lot of pain with a back molar it is completely out on the blue & the tooth was root canaled 2 years ago & im having it crowned in a few months. Anyhoo i wake up & all the gum around my 3 back teeth are red and swollen & it hurts a lot when i bite down. I flossed it thinking it was food & the pain in my gums is incredible it actually feels like gum pain not tooth pain. If the floss so much as pushes on my gum i want to punch myself in the face. The weird thing is my wisdom teeth are coming through & i have this pain in my gum the other side at the back too. There is no space for my wisdom teeth to come in at the top & i am in a huge panic about it all. DR google has filled my head with failed root canals etc & i really cannot go back to the dentist as i was only there last week. The dentist said at my check up that my gums were pristine & all my teeth ( apart from the filled ones) were healthy & now this. Im getting married in 33 days :( im so scared. The pain is odd its not like abcessy pain, its more of a pressure pain. I dont know what im hoping to achieve by posting but im too embarressed to go back to the dentist :( :cry::cry::cry:

I think you know what I am going to say: it is your dentist's job to take care of you right now and embarrassment has nothing to do with it so pick up the phone before it ruins your Christmas. Sore gums can be caused by the wisdom teeth erupting. Your dentist needs to evaluate the true cause though.
Root canals can be retreated if a canal has been missed initially.

it is possible to look ok one day and then soon after have a problem.

Back