• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Advice to my fellow newbie denture wearers!!

E

Emma9820

Hey hey,

So I had to share this with you guys because I was losing my mind trying to take my dentures out! I had my extractions and immediate placed this past Wednesday. I only have an upper palate and it fits well without adhesive but moves around the tiniest bit which hurts my extremely sensitive gums from extractions. I have literally tried every adhesive over the last 5 days lol and all were the max hold of each brand. They held really well but made it near impossible to take out to clean! I am talking an hour minimum to take them out! I was swishing with mouthwash, warm salt water, etc. it was driving me insane and it HURT LIKE HELL FROM THEM scraping on my gums and also left it’s filmy mess on the roof of my mouth which hurt to brush off! After my gums heal those Products would be great but right now, to painful!

I bought the seabond adhesive seals last night and used them this morning. OMG! No annoying pain and rubbing and they are cushiony against the roof of my mouth! They have upper and lower pads so make sure to get what you need! They held great all day and I wasn’t in pain from them moving AND THE BEST PART is I just wanted to clean my teeth after eating so I put a little mouthwash in my mouth and the denture just came right off! No pulling or tugging! And it took me 2 minutes! And instead of sitting there for an hour scrubbing your denture to get the adhesive off the seabond seal just peels off! Lol I’m so excited. You do need to cut the seal down to size to fit your denture but it really isn’t a big deal. Especially seeing as it was literally taking me an hour to get them out of my mouth before finding these! When my gums are healed I will prob go back to a stronger adhesive because they should come out that easy lol but while I’m healing these things are magical!

just wanted to share with you guys in case you are going through the same issue! Good luck❤️

Emma9820,

What a great tip!! Wish I knew of that when I first had dentures :) it is a bit frustrating getting used to them and the whole adhesive thing sometimes. Thanks so much for sharing and hope things get better and better for you!

Emma9820,

What a great tip!! Wish I knew of that when I first had dentures :) it is a bit frustrating getting used to them and the whole adhesive thing sometimes. Thanks so much for sharing and hope things get better and better for you!

Thank You! They really don’t hold as well as I would like! I had to put a new seal on twice today. The denture didn’t come out of place but I could feel it becoming loose and rubbing against my gums. I would much rather they not be super stable than deal with trying to take them out of my mouth for an hour! I know when my mouth heals I will much rather have the tight hold but for now this is working!

Emma9820,

I know I'm a bit late on this, but bear with me. A couple of things for you. Firstly, using too much adhesive will indeed make them difficult to remove ; you can be fairly sparing with it and the denture still won't come out until you want it to. Secondly, it's early days yet - once your gums have settled down properly in a month or so you'll find it much easier to take a firm hold and wrench the buggers out, you won't need all this warm water swilling etc. to try to persuade the adhesive to let go. Good luck and let us know how it goes !

Back