• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Advice

M

Manchester86

Hi I’m just looking for some help I really wanna visit the dentist and get my teeth sorted it’s just the thought of someone looking at my teeth makes me feel sick their in a bad way amy help and advice would be so much appreciated xx

Hi and welcome ?, don't be embarrassed about getting help. As @Gordon keeps repeating on here, most dentists are "doers" by nature. They don't really care how things got to where they are, they just want to work out how to fix things.

Having said that, of course there are some dentists who have a less-than-stellar bedside manner. We've put together a guide to overcoming a fear of the dentist here which may help with finding a good, non-judgmental dentist:

Manchester86

Welcome to DFC as Letsconnect said :) I know myself how it feels to not want anyone to look
at your teeth. To feel shame as I open my mouth.. What has helped is having kind compassionate dentists with a strong reputation of being so.. Do you have a dentist in mind? I encourage you if not you look at some reviews, FB or social media reviews to see what other patients say about their bedside manner as Lets connect mentioned. This will make all the difference.. There are plenty out there that really care and are kind and just want to help you .

You came on here and have the resolve to start. I believe you have what it takes to start up your dental journey!

Back