• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

ADVISE PLEASE.

G

Former Member
Hi...
Back in May i broke a molar in half, it took me 8 weeks (or until the pain was so bad!!) for me to see a dentist. I sat in the chair and i was so terrified he refered me to a sedation clinic. After an initial consultation with the clinic the dentist said i'd need the molar out PLUS 2 wisdom teeth as they had massive holes in them, but i refused that (for some reason!).
The day arrive and i was so scared. I sat in the chair and for 5 minutes (maybe less) i freaked out. I calmed down a bit and i went ahead with the IV Sedation and the extraction.
Having the sedation i now know there was NOTHING AT ALL TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT. I had no side effects at all, apart from face ache for about 2 weeks.
Now, heres the problem. I am suffering with tooth pain ALL over my mouth, almost every tooth is either broken OR have massive cavities in, but since i caused a "fuss" before having the proceedure done, that clinic has no refused me any more treatment. I am in agony 2 weeks before christmas, anyone has any suggestions!?

Thanks.
Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear you are in such pain. :( I find it quite odd that the sedation clinic is now refusing to treat you. I thought their purpose was to treat people with additional needs. Is there not another office that uses sedation that you could visit?

Do you have a specific reason for your terror? Perhaps a bad experience in the past? While I understand it does you no good now, perhaps understanding the root causes of your phobia will allow you to eventually be able to deal with future visits.

Hope you feel better.

-James

Back