• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

After cavity filling issues. Upper and lower tooth not locking together. Sliding over other.

D

Dentaluser123

Former Member
After cavity filling issues. Upper and lower tooth not locking together. Sliding over other.

Hi ,
I had 4 cavity fillings 2 weeks back(left side tooth 13,14,15,19). I have sharp pain in the lower tooth (#19) after the filling. I had some bite issues and i went back to dentist to adjust it. He said the pain is normal for 2 weeks as that filling involves more drilling and work. I still have the sharp pain.
I also feel that my upper and lower tooth not locking together when I close my mouth. I feel like it slides on each other. And left and right side are not locking with bite. I feels like donkey bite. Is this normal or should I go back to dentist? Going back to dentist for every visit makes me completely nervous and scared. Any inputs please?

Re: After cavity filling issues. Upper and lower tooth not locking together. Sliding over other.

Sorry it sounds like the new fillings need adjustment to the bite, it should NOT hurt and should be a quick and simple job for the dentist.

Re: After cavity filling issues. Upper and lower tooth not locking together. Sliding over other.

Dentaluser123,

I so understand this frustration and bites not being right after work. On some fillings in the past I had to go in for a few adjustments, and they shouldn't mind doing this. I used to feel like a bother when I would have to ask, but really a good dentist wants to help and make it right for you and it only takes a few minutes to get it adjusted sometimes.

Sorry it sounds like the new fillings need adjustment to the bite, it should NOT hurt and should be a quick and simple job for the dentist.

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Dentaluser123,

I so understand this frustration and bites not being right after work. On some fillings in the past I had to go in for a few adjustments, and they shouldn't mind doing this. I used to feel like a bother when I would have to ask, but really a good dentist wants to help and make it right for you and it only takes a few minutes to get it adjusted sometimes.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes, you are right. I feel like a bother to ask for an appointment for this again. Because the dentist already told me to wait for 2 weeks time. Its 2 weeks already and i still feel the same issue. I will definitely check with dentist.

Back