• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

After root canal dizziness and nausa

P

Pama

I had a root canal 5 days ago and now I'm dizzy, have lack of balance, nausea and general feeling poorly. There is still pain lingering in my jaw and neck from that tooth too. Some sites say vertigo is from root canal and other deny it's possible. I'm just miserable. I missed work before due the pain and lack of sleep now I'm too dizzy and weak to go.

I would go and see your doctor. It could be that due to the pain and discomfort you haven't been eating properly and this would cause you to feel the way you do. I have had rct's and they haven't left me feeling the way you do. :butterfly:

Hi - I've just had similar. I had a root canal under sedation just over a week ago, and I felt quite unwell for almost a week. I was feeling quite nauseous most of the time, and kept feeling lightheaded. I put it down to a mixture of the after effects of the sedation, the nurofen and paracetamol I was taking, and the anxiety that I'd been going through.

Of course, there could be other medical reasons for how you're feeling, but I just wanted you to know I'd had similar. I'm doing good now, so I hope you feel better soon.

Back