• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Age and wisdom teeth removal

L

Lwa

I can’t believe I have lived this many yrs with no probs from wisdom teeth, until now! I know better than to google so thought I would ask here… is there really a difference in healing depending on age???
FYI, I am a fairly healthy and active 45yr old

@Lwa great idea not to Google! I did that and regret it. I’m in the same boat as you. Suffering with wisdom teeth issues for the last 6 months and actually getting all 4 of mine out tomorrow morning. I’m so nervous about the recovery mostly due to my age (I’m 33). My oral surgeon did tell me that recovery does take longer when you’re older and there could possibly be more complications but they are rare (sinus/nerve issues). From what I was told it’s mostly just a longer recovery (that’s the main difference when it comes to age).

Recovery as in tissue healing all together????
I am worried I can’t be at work on day 3…. I know I will be sore but it’s a MUST to be there

The oral surgeon just said to “take it easy” for the first 3 to 5 days. Usually after 3 days your chances of developing a dry socket are gone and swelling should start to decline.

Back