• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

All 4 teeth out in 2 days under GA... I'm terrified

S

sumravioli

As the title says I get all 4 of my wisdom teeth out on Thursday and I'm absolutely terrified.

I'm 16, considered young to get them out I guess but the dentist insisted I should because they were beginning to cause problems. They're all impacted and cause me a lot of pain that has only seemed to get worse.

I've never gotten and IV before or my blood drawn... I have a phobia of needles too. I'm scared of what that will feel like and all the fears that come with getting general anesthesia... I don't know how I'll react to that.

I don't know, if any of you have any advice for me before I go into the dentist office to get it done, please let me know. I hope I can get through this.

Hi sumravioli,

sorry for the late reply, hope you will be able to read this before the procedure.

Having your wisdoms out at this age is actually a good thing, the extractions will be easier. So in this case the younger the better.

Do not worry about the iv. I totally get your needle phobia and it is what a lot of people have, however they might freeze your arm so that you do not notice anything. After that you will get very relaxed and in the next second it will be over. Think of going to sleep and waking up.

I am absolutely sure that you not only can get through this but will even be surprised how easy it was. The images that keep running in your head now are much worse than the reality will be.

My last piece of advice: talk to your dental team before the procedure and tell them openly about your fears. Ask them about things that worry you and let them give you an explanation. They will be happy to put you at ease and make sure that you feel as comfortable as possible.

All the best wishes and let us know how you are doing.

Back