• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

All on 4, All on 6 are they really a good thing

N

Nolifenoteeth

Hi all,
For a very long time now I have been looking at the All on 4 or 6 , also the permanent denture.
I have seen so many advertisements with videos of people saying how wonderful they are , that they can eat , speak and finally live life again without worrying that their denture has slipped etc .
The price to have this done here in the UK means I would need to get a loan but I will do anything to make it happen if the testimonials are true. I can no longer cope with this denture and my dentist has had enough of me and my anxiety. So please, anyone, good ,bad I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance x

Hi,

Testimonials are one thing, reality can be different. Good dentists know when a treatment is not suitable for the patient and promising in advance the end result is simply not ethical.
You did not mention whether your denture is fully covering the jaw/s or are there still existing teeth. If there are no more teeth left (full denture), there is a third middle option which is removable dentures on implants (click denture) which is much cheaper and saver.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I have 3 upper teeth left . The denture doesn't cover the full palate.
A click denture? That sounds really good and even better as you mentioned it is much cheaper. How do I know if the Practices offering these services are actually any good?
My journey started In the 80s , domestic violence where I had to have my 4 front teeth removed , since then it's not got any better I've had all but 3 teeth removed and they are not In good shape. Sorry to have gone on..
Thank you again Dr Daniel for your response, really appreciated.

Just google or ask per email.

Back