• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

All Top Teeth Extracted and All but 6 on the bottom (Tooth Grinder)

R

rfrayer

I am currently 2 weeks give a few days post Extraction. I have had all of my upper and all lower minus 6 teeth for an anchor to partials including one wisdom tooth removed. I currently recieve medicaid as I am disabled. In Michigan Medicaide pays for extractions and Dentures but they do not covery temporary dentures so I am left with 6 bottom teeth and nothing else. I am still waking up with blood in my mouth and I have been known to be a tooth grinder. Is there anything I can do to protect the tender gums on the top of my mouth so they can heal properly? Any ideas on how to eat? Also I have about 1-2 cm of jaw bone showing that was rubbed off by the dentists surgical instruments wile removing my wisdom tooth, was told this will eventually heal.

C

Cindylou

If you are a teeth grinder, it is probably why it is not healing so good. Maybe a mouth guard at bedtime? <might Help> Definately warm salt water rinses will help healing.

I am almost in the same boat but worseI had 19 teeth extracted and dentures made the same day. It has been three weeks. I now have several places where bone spicules are poking thru. It HURTS! I have a Dr appointment in three days, what can I do to help the pain. Can't take it anymore. :( Help Cindy lou

R

rfrayer

Ive since developed a massive infection. Ended up in the emergencey room because of the severety. Bone is still exposed and healing very slowly. But they put me on an antibiotic and made me an apointment with a different dentist because even after going to the ER the dentist is refusing to see me until the 19th of sept. Im currently diable and recieve state insurance (Oboma Care). With the new rules in place the doctor couldnt do what he said I need IE. Intravinus antibiotics. But he gave me a shot and made sure i had an apointment friday along with a massive script of clyndomycin. Its weird the rules that are in place with hospitals when it comes to the mouth in my state, for the post part they arent allowed to do anything at risk of losing there job. Im fairly confident that these antibiotics will do the trick though because i was begining to heal up until 2 nights ago so im thinking something foriegn got my mouth infected. Im going to buy a mouth peace friday when my wife gets payed so hopefully eventually i heal. There hoping to fit me for upper dentures and partial lowers on the 19th if i am healed enough. I cant wait as i grew up with severely impacted teeth in pretty much all of my mouth (Will be nice to have a decent smile) even if the teeth are fake.

R

rfrayer

once healed you will get lots of calcium deposits. What i allways did was rub them hard until they break off then wriggle them outa there. Some of them will go away on there own. Just watch for infection and go to the ER at first sign, remember your mouth is close to your brain and people die from a brain infection alot.