• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Alveoplasty, Bone Grafts and Abutements?

T

Travie87

What is a Alveoplasty, Bone Grafts and what in the world is a Prefabricated Abutement?

An alveoplasty is a surgical procedure used to smooth and reshape a patient's jawbone in areas where teeth have been extracted or otherwise lost.
A bone graft is something put in to augment or replace missing bone.
A prefabricated abutment is a bit of machined metal that fits into an implant.

I assume you're having some implant work done?

An alveoplasty is a surgical procedure used to smooth and reshape a patient's jawbone in areas where teeth have been extracted or otherwise lost.
A bone graft is something put in to augment or replace missing bone.
A prefabricated abutment is a bit of machined metal that fits into an implant.

I assume you're having some implant work done?
Hi Gordon. I sure am on May 24th. 14 Days from Today. I am have 26 teeth extracted. Top regular denture put in. 2 Alveoplastys, Bone Graft. Prefabricated Abutement and Snap In Denture placed. Regular implants not the mini implants. 4 Implants. WOWZERS. All this in one day time.

The dentist said I have strong bone.

Good luck with it all, post back here to let us know how it goes.

Good luck with it all, post back here to let us know how it goes.
Ok Thank You Gordon. The Dentist said I could save My front 6 teeth but in the end they would come out in the end so I told Him to extract them all. I will keep Y'all updated for sure on My journey. It all begins on May 24th.

Back