• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Another broken tooth-help?

M

Majin_Koenma

Back in August 2005 I had a tooth extraction and the gums above the tooth next to it, a big molar, kind of bowed outwards. I'm sorry it I'm being vague but I really don't know how else to describe it. I didn't go into the dentist because my mother said that she had the same thing after an extraction and it was nothing to worry about. Well a few months ago the gum line started to recede and go back to normal, which I saw as a good thing, except there was little corner of tooth sticking out just below where the gums had been. Very strange. Well just a little while ago this morning I was sitting at my computer desk when that corner broke off. I don't think it took a huge piece of tooth with it but the last thing I want right now is another broken tooth. The odd thing is when I looked at it in the mirror it didn't look broken but when I feel it I can tell that at least that corner broke off. I forced myself to make a dentist appointment but I'm sitting here feeling a lot of anxiety. The earliest they could get me in is Monday of next week, I'm terrified that the tooth will break more before then, I don't have insurance, I'm hoping that they can just patch the tooth but I'm still worried that I'll need an extraction (not only do I not want another tooth extracted but I don't think I could afford it), and to top it all off the dentist I had for years passed away from cancer earlier this year so I'm going to a dentist I don't know. So here are my questions, is there anything at all I can do to keep the tooth from breaking more before my appointment? I know it's probably impossible to tell weather or not I'll need an extraction without actually seeing the tooth but can most broken teeth be patched? And is this really something to be so anxious and worried about or should I just try to calm down and live my life until next Monday?

Last edited:
Firstly don't panic ok stay calm live for life and wait till the appointment they might be able to patch but yu will have to wait I'm here for yu pm me if yu need me:grouphug:

Thanks, aceman. The panic is starting to subside a bit but this is going to be a tough week for me until my appointment. Heres hoping that it can be taken care of with a simple patch.

Back