• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Another daft denture question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dawn65

My husband has been struggling to get my plates in my mouth. I posted a picture of them to an earlier post. He thinks he's got it right now, (although we're not 100% sure) but the nasty plate bit seems to go across the roof of my mouth right where the gag reflex is. No wonder I can't tolerate them for more than a second.

Is it normal to put it there? Has my husband got it wrong? Or, are they just a very strange and I'll conceived construction?

If it is normal why aren't they made to go behind your front teeth, like the bottom ones are? Can I ask an NHS dentist to do it that way?

Thanks

Dentures will be a bit uncomfortable at the beginning. I would go back to your dentist and have them instruct you and your husband on how to place them in your mouth correctly.

Thank you.

Should they EVER be across the roof of your mouth, though? That's the real question, I'm asking.

Knowing that might tell me whether we've got them in wrong or they built them wrong?

We do have another appointment but that's a week and a half away. We can't ask the dentist till then.

The other thread is getting a bit messy as it is, without bringing in a second one, if you don't mind, I'll lock this here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back