• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Antacid tablets and effects on teeth?

G

gra1

I've been taking Antacid tablets for indigestion for years, on and off as needed. My question is, are they harmful to the teeth? Could they be implicated in causing or contributing to dental decay?

The brand I take are "Quick-Eze", and according to the Web these are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients Per Tablet; Calcium carbonate 750mg, magnesium carbonate 123mg, magnesium trisilicate 123mg, sucrose, glucose and saccharin.

I probably take on average 2 - 3 of these per day. All contributions are welcome.

Gra

Hi
there can be problems from chewing gritty tablets and there is sugar in the tablets as well.
On the other hand, the acid reflux that you would get without the tablets is also very damaging. Discuss the matter with your physician/doctor and see if they can prescribe a liquid, sugar free alternative.

Back