• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anterior Roof of mouth blue and mildly painful with small bump. See attached image.

T

tpooler

Former Member
Anterior Roof of mouth blue and mildly painful with small bump. See attached image.

I'm 31 and have been fighting a cold for about 7 days now. We all just moved over the past 5 days in which I did most of the work. Needless to say I'm tired and wiped out. All of a sudden today I began feeling a small pain on the roof of my mouth when swallowing, (not on palpation of the affected area) I was a little shocked when I saw the coloration. To any trained professional here, does this look like anything serious? I'm a non smoker, non drinker, not the best brushing habit.

Attachments

• IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 22
Re: Anterior Roof of mouth blue and mildly painful with small bump. See attached image.

If you've been coughing a lot it can bruise the roof of your mouth. Every time you cough your tongue hits that specific area. If the discoloration hasn't gone away in 2-3 weeks, I'd get it checked out then.

Re: Anterior Roof of mouth blue and mildly painful with small bump. See attached image.

It looks like you have a normal looking palate with a lot of superficial blood vessels. Look at the back of your hand and the veins are also bluish looking.

Back