• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Antibiotics and IV sedation?

C

coffeeandfear

Hey guys, me again! So my IV sedation, 6 teeth extraction is FINALLY ON MONDAY!!! I am terrified and am on the verge of a major mental breakdown but that's not the point of this post

Today I picked up CIPRO for a UTI (in liquid form because I'm a pansy and can't swallow pills) and I took it, but then realized ...my dentist appointment is two days away! Their office is closed so I can't call right now but have any of you taken antibiotics prior to IV sedation? Is this okay or did I kind of screw myself over?

Yes I just had iv sedation April 28 my dentist had me take antibiotics 2 days before my procedure I think you should be fine. Good Luck

Hey guys, me again! So my IV sedation, 6 teeth extraction is FINALLY ON MONDAY!!! I am terrified and am on the verge of a major mental breakdown but that's not the point of this post

Today I picked up CIPRO for a UTI (in liquid form because I'm a pansy and can't swallow pills) and I took it, but then realized ...my dentist appointment is two days away! Their office is closed so I can't call right now but have any of you taken antibiotics prior to IV sedation? Is this okay or did I kind of screw myself over?

Back