• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anxiety, "What if's" and how a good trusting dental relationship helps.

• Thread starter krlovesherkids777
  • Start date
krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know for me in my dental journey and having anxiety with it comes a lot of "what ifs" .. so many.. what if.. they think this about me, or say this about me, or shame me or what if they can't help me, what if its too much money and I get overwhelmed or just stuck ? what if it just doesn't work and it makes it worse, what if my whole mouth just collapses ..

coming up in the next part of my treatment. my dentist has been really good to me, I cannot be more thankful for him. he has answered every question and really went over and above every expectation of mine.. but still the anxiety of the what ifs can creep up.. the difference now . is its not about him... its about technicalities and if my own mouth will give me issues or something crazy happen along the way to need more dental work..

I'm glad that having a trusting relationship with a caring dentist really helps settle this a little.. that even if the what if pop up ... I have someone I can go to that will answer me ,care and treat me with kindness ..

Anyways just venting.. anyone else have a lot of "what if" anxieties with dental?

Good to hear you have a fantastic dentist who is caring

My dentist is the same caring, but I just get anxious every time I am due to go for an appointment, fear of ashmed my teeth are the worst she seen

Back