• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Any idea what this painless gum lump is ?

B

BensonBooga

I had a filling last Monday, on Wednesday I noticed a lump attached to the gum by the filled tooth. I am booking a dentist appointment but in the meantime, any idea what it is ? Image is attached. It is painless, but I do remember back at Christmas time I had 5 days of sheer agony in that area, but it went away, and I have been pain free for 5 weeks. This lump only appeared in the days after a filling that was done in that area to remove some hidden decay which was discovered on an x-ray. At the time of the x-ray I asked if there was any sign of infection on it, given the pain I had at Christmas, but nothing showed up.

So any ideas ? I know I should find out soon for sure but purely curious in the meantime if it is obvious. it is shiny, smooth, and a bit squidgy. Can it be anything but an abscess ? Is there any chance it can be drained without extra work being done ?

Thanks all !!

Oops, forgot the image............

Attachments

• gumpic.jpg
    gumpic.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 18
Back