• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone able to help?

B

Babyjess7224

Has anyone ever had a delayed infection from an extracted tooth? I had my last lower tooth removed 4 weeks ago. In that time I've had cracks to the corner of my mouth and treated for oral thrush in the last 2 weeks. I thought maybe caused by my dentures. After initially feeling like I had a bruise under my jawbone when I touched it a week ago I've developed a swelling. Managed to get an emergency appointment and although the xray shows a healing socket and nothing around the jaw I've been given antibiotics as my dentist feels there is no other reason on examination than a delayed infection. Any help would be great.Thanks.

B

Babyjess7224

Still the same. Lump and swelling present under my jaw. New antibiotics for the cut to corner of mouth. Bacteria found from swab. Could it b connected? Exhausted by it all and can't find anything on Internet didn't want to Google but I'm beginning to think there's no support out there. Story of my life really. Mental health declines when my anxiety increases. Amoxicillin stopped now have flucloxacillin.