• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone had a wisdom tooth come through in an odd place?

G

Getoutmymouth

Have been back and forth this week over what is causing my pain when my dentist disagreed on it being my impacted wisdom tooth.. it’s just broken the surface.

Attachments

• 4FBC3B66-29A0-4CC1-9A64-5ADB7DF500B9.jpeg
    4FBC3B66-29A0-4CC1-9A64-5ADB7DF500B9.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 11
M

MountainMama

Mine never came through. They were impacted and turned sideways…had to have them removed surgically. When the surgeon was removing them, he found two extra ones behind them on the top!

Weirdly enough, after having six wisdom teeth removed over 20 years ago, it was discovered a few years ago that I had ANOTHER wisdom tooth on the top left, but it was about the size of a canine tooth. I had to have it removed as it was rubbing against my 2nd molar. The oral surgeon and his staff were all excited as I guess it is uncommon. They all came in to look at it. Lol

G

Getoutmymouth

Wow that is crazy having so many!!
I just want this one out!
Bit peeved that I’m going through root canal because that was the supposed problem. ??‍♀️

M

MountainMama

Wow that is crazy having so many!!
I just want this one out!
Bit peeved that I’m going through root canal because that was the supposed problem. ??‍♀️
I get it. I was diagnosed with atypical facial pain after two failed root canals, and three tooth extractions. Two of the teeth probably never needed to come out but the dentist I had at the time was chasing the pain and thought I had just cracked all my molars from clenching my teeth at night. Oral surgeon finally did some testing and said I didn’t have an issue with my teeth.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Getoutmymouth . I hope your root canal goes well, also hope you can get that taken care
of at some point so it doesn't bug you.. :)

G

Getoutmymouth

The wisdom tooth is causing me agony. I can’t eat or sleep or focus on anything.
Rct 2 isn’t for over a month yet and I’m sure that’s all for nothing.