• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anyone had This problem - Small chip / Sharp Edge

F

Fynaticx

Hey

Im wondering if anyone can offer advice as i dont know what to expect for my treatment. Basically what has happened is one of the sharp points on a tooth that had been filled before so the point was made up of half filling and half tooth, has had a small chip. (see picture)
tooth.jpg

So the more prominent point is now much sharper before and it cutting my tounge/lip. Obviously this will need fixed however im currently in a bad part of dealing with agoraphobia so my dental phobia is something even more difficult. The main body of filling is completely fine and i have no pain in the tooth. Im wondering if anyone knows or has had similar problem and can share what kind of treatment i will need done so i can prepare myself for the challenge?

Last edited:
Got a emergency appointment that's in 1 hour. Nervous but nothing different to normal dentist appointments

Good luck!!

I haven't had that problem but hopefully it's just a simple fix.

As a update I managed to get in after much anxiety but got it checked and a temporary filling on it to take away the sharp edge however I need the filling redone and the decay cleaned up. In 2 weeks my proper dentist will be home from holiday so I've got a appointment for him to check it and from there I'll get my appointment sorted for treatment. This should all be easy for me as my dentist is happy to give me IV any time I need it so if I can't manage that's what I'll do.

Back