• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Appointment Time-What's your preference?

What time do your prefer to visit the dentist?

• Early Morning (approximately 8am-10am)

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Before Noon (approximately 10am-12pm)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Afternoon (approximately 12pm-3pm)

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Evening (approximately 3pm-5pm)

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
grumpybear

grumpybear

I like my appointments early in the morning even though I'm actually a afternoon person. I work in hospital and work with a lot of doctors at the back end office. Over here, my coworkers and I all know and have experienced how some clinicians get a little cranky and short fused after a long day of seeing patients, dealing with patients' families, overrunning and dealing with a backlog of cases. So I always try to make it a point to get a morning appointment to hopefully avoid that.