• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Arm and hammer flouride content?

K

kiefm

Former Member
There is only 1250ppm flouride in the arm and hammer toothpaste range. This is lower then most toothpastes. Is this enough? Should I stop using the toothpaste?

thanks

Most toothpastes are around 1000-1100 ppm. The only way you're going to get a higher content is with prescription fluoride toothpaste. Also, after you're done brushing spit but don't rinse. It will keep the fluoride around longer.

My other toothpaste Colgate total is 1450. I am concerned about whether the arm and hammer is less effective. I know this is minor but I want to be using the toothpaste which is best for preventing cavities.

thanks

Last edited:
Seeing how you're so worried, I'd recommend just buying the Colgate. I'm sure someone else (maybe a family member) will use up the Arm and Hammer one in case you don't want to let it go to waste :).

If you live in a community with optimally fluoridated water the difference is negligible. But, like letsconnect says, go with the colgate brand if that is what you prefer. :)

I prefer arm and hammer. It's just I don't want to use the one with less flouride if this makes a difference, in terms of protecting teeth from decay such forth.

I know this question is daft. I have sensitive teeth so I need the arm and hammer. At the same time, I am obviously very paranoid about using a toothpaste with less fluoride in it. If a dentist on here could give me an answer or just say they don't know and I will ask elsewhere.

Kind Regards,

kiefm

Colgate Sensitive contains 1450ppm :). I think most dentists would tell you that the difference is negligible, but if you are worried about it, why not just buy a sensitive toothpaste with a higher fluoride content?

Back