• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

ashamed to say the least broken/missing teeth

W

withoutasmile

I can no longer live with the terrible ,unhealthy shape my mouth is in ,just disgusting. I'm making this priority no 1 and would like to setup an apt .I'm thinking of going to a dental school to make this more affordable ,but not sure how I will handle the embarrassment ,I fear that more than the pain .Has anyone used a dental school and how did it go.

I went a long time ago. Dental schools tend to be at a faster pace not so much concerned on being patient or the longevity of treatment. I was 18 and needed all my wisdom teeth out and had no money or insurance. Soooo that was my only option. They also saw I needed 2 root canals but I couldn't afford it so they pulled them too! 6 teeth pulled and I was only 18! Not so great for a pretty girl:( but that was long ago. 15+ years so it has probably changed. I hope. Good luck. I still have not made the first step of making an appointment. My teeth too are a mess. Also in Arizona.