• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Asking dentist to review records

• Thread starter krlovesherkids777
  • Start date
krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone done this.. I was just thinking , i've been to alot of dentists and have had ALOT of work done. I do not have one original tooth in my mouth, all crowns and dentures and one implant in process. I'd really be interested in looking at my records to see when and what was done to my teeth and by who and any notes. I wonder how they would react or think about asking for records?? do many people do it and has anyone here seen theirs?

In the US, you have the right to your records. They may charge you a fee for copies. Keep in mind that they are all probably written using technical dental terminology that might it mean much to you.

Hi I have a copy of my records in the UK we can ask for a copy of our dental records and our medical records. We have to pay and it depends on the dentist how much they charge but it isn't usually an enormous amount. Mine include digital x rays and who treated me and when and what was done. :)

There is no charge to transfer digital records in Florida.

Back