• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Asking for a friend who is interested in going to Mexico for her dentistry

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is not for me ... This is for a friend I am asking. I am extremely happy and content with my dentist who helped me get over my anxiety and shame in dental issues. And its always a process and journey. However a good friend of mine is looking into dentistry tourism and believes it will be cheaper in Mexico . I do not have experience in this area or know anyone in Mexico/Cancun area is where she is looking. Does anyone have any advice or experience I can pass on to my friend good or not so good. I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!

Last edited:
Re: Asking for a friend who is interested in going to Mexico for her dentistry

As no one else has replied, I'll bite. The best advice you can give her is to not take the risk.
In UK/Europe, the former Eastern Bloc countries are often the destination as per this stickied thread about Hungary:

Whilst it is fine to travel within your own country for the right dentist/treatment, it is not to be recommended when it involves different laws/standards. A quick google by your friend will no doubt throw up many horror stories about Mexico. When things go wrong it is very hard to get redress basically.

Back