• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Aspergers Syndrome, gum disease and suicidal thoughts.

A

anonfemale

I am hardly eating and drinking, drink only water, constantly stare at my teeth and gums and have constant panic attacks all day every day. I walk around outside all day crying. I have other health anxiety too. This is too much for me.

Anonfemale, so sorry to read you are having such a hard time and particularly about your suicidal thoughts. Have anything particular had happen recently that made you feel this way?

Last edited:
Do you have a sympathetic gp you feel comfy talking to? I've felt suicidal due to my ongoing tooth issue and my doctor helped me lots.

Hi @anonfemale. A few weeks ago you responded to my thread that I had come very far and you were proud of me. I just wanted to tell you how great it felt to read that from someone. It helped me very much. I'm so happy you're on this board. And I wanted to tell you I think you're very brave and doing a great job of dealing with your fears and concerns and getting through treatments!

I think you mentioned that your dentist said you have gingivitis and that you had a deep cleaning that took a short amount of time. I'm far from a dentist but from what I understand, gingivitis is reversible and treatable and not a more advanced form of gum disease.

Do you have someone in your life you can talk to who you really trust about your fears? I echo the sentiment of meeting with a general physician and confiding in them. I think it's likely that they could really help make this time easier for you!

Here is what to remember about the most challenging times in life: they always get better. Trust that it will get better. Talking to someone you really trust and making an appointment with a physician you trust is a great way to get to the 'better' sooner!

Please keep us posted on how you're doing. Care about you!

Anonfemale, I definitely hope you call a suicide hotline and also get some other help in addition to talking to us. Looks like CourageAndBraveryASAP posted some helpful links. Your life has value and you don't have to go through this! Know that you are NOT alone.

Anonfemale,

Just wanted to check in on you and see how you are doing today. You are important and a great part of our community here too and we care! Thank you for reaching out, thats hard sometimes but worth it to know people really care. Teeth issues and life can be frustrating and so hurtful . I don't know what all is going on or what to say but you are very imprortant and I hope things look hopeful very soon for you and you also get some physcial relief from health issues!

Hope all is well, @anonfemale - check in when you can, thinking of you!

Back