• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

At my wits end

M

Mely77

Hi I know i have posted on here I lot and everyone has been so helpful. I have today knocked my tooth with the tooth brush and it vibrated my tooth and up into my face. Previous issues tell me this is a new abscess in my tooth ? It was filled not that long ago. This will be the 4th one in 9 weeks what on earth is wrong ? It's all on the right upper side. I've just had a wisdom tooth out to get rid of an abscess I don't know what I am doing wrong I brush and floss every day. I am so depressed and low I am constantly struggling with some issue with my teeth. Could there be an issue going on I don't know about ? I'm scared and depressed by the idea of yet more pain and dentql work

Hi I know i have posted on here I lot and everyone has been so helpful. I have today knocked my tooth with the tooth brush and it vibrated my tooth and up into my face. Previous issues tell me this is a new abscess in my tooth ? It was filled not that long ago. This will be the 4th one in 9 weeks what on earth is wrong ? It's all on the right upper side. I've just had a wisdom tooth out to get rid of an abscess I don't know what I am doing wrong I brush and floss every day. I am so depressed and low I am constantly struggling with some issue with my teeth. Could there be an issue going on I don't know about ? I'm scared and depressed by the idea of yet more pain and dentql work

You said the tooth that's bugging you was recently filled?

How recently was it filled?

And can you be more precise on the 'vibration' and how it 'went up into your face'? How hard did you knock the tooth with your tooth brush and how recent was your wisdom tooth removal?

Gotta give us a bit more details.

And you can always contact your dentist office. Sometimes the people at the front desk may know what's going on or they can have you make a simple exam appointment where the dentist will look at your mouth to see what might be causing your problem.

I'm not a dentist, so don't take this as a diagnosis, but if your tooth was recently filled it may have some sensitivity to cold / pressure / heat / etc. which will fade with time. And if you accidentally hit it hard with your tooth brush it may of felt the way it did because you just had it filled recently so it still may be a little sensitive / sore due to all the work. It's not uncommon for recently filled teeth to cause temporary pain/soreness/sensitivity which fades with time.

But like I said I'm no dentist, so don't take that as a diagnosis.

Last edited:
I didn't get dry socket but I have found out one more tooth the nerve is dying and possibly the one next to that too. My upper right teeth will now all have something wrong with them. I have spent the last 9 weeks battling abscesses having root canal and fillings and now the filled teeth need root canal I wake up every morning waiting for the throbbing to start and the weekends panicking I'll be in pain because my dentist is closed. I thought this morning I'd rather be dead than constantly living either in pain or waiting for it to start. It's throbbing slightly now and I'm terrified that's an abscess but my appt is not till Monday all I have to get me through the weekend is antibiotics and neurofen. I simply cannot go on living like this. I don't know what to do to make the pain stop for good. ?

I didn't get dry socket but I have found out one more tooth the nerve is dying and possibly the one next to that too.

Did the dentist tell you all this?

If they did and they scheduled a root canal, when you get a root canal done you shouldn't have to worry about abscesses any further on those teeth because when they do a root canal they're getting rid of the pulp of the tooth and they replace it with a material.

This means after the root canal is done there's no pulp left in the tooth to get infected to begin with so you'll no longer have to worry about a tooth becoming abscessed.

Back