• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Back from surgery

M

MountainMama

I just got back from my surgery. My front upper tooth was extracted, bone grafting and a bone wrap done, and implant placed. I also had my lower molar implant placed.
The surgeon said everything went great and he was very pleased with how it tuned out. He found where there was chronic infection and removed some bone and tissue. He is confident the infection is gone, but prescribed me amoxicillin just to be safe since I had a lot of work done. The numbness is starting to wear off and it hurts. Not being able to take anti-inflammatory meds really stinks.

But this was the most complex surgery I will probably have, so the worst is over! Yay!

I had nitrous during the procedure and it wasn't bad at all. The shots in the beginning were worse.

Great!

Thanks for posting here. Your courage is a fine example for the newcomer.

? for courage.

Thanks for sharing! I have been wondering how you are doing! I hope the pain isn’t bad! Best wishes!

The pain is tolerable. Since I can't take ibuprofen the swelling is pretty bad. I can definitely feel it when the tylenol is about 2 hours from the next dose. I am also taking oxycodone (just 5 mg), every 6 hours. I am handling the pain okay.

I am scared to death to take the flipper out today. I am supposed to take it out and rinse it around noon.

Back