• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Back pain after dentist visit. Weird I know

D

Dianam512

Has anyone experience something similar? Yesterday I went in to get 3 fillings done, had to get a few extra shots because my nervousness prevents me to getting numb and all that and the dentist had to keep reminding me to relax and to try not to shake so much. That's how terrified I am, for some reason today my back feels really achy and sore in the middle and upper part and I'm here wondering if it could be because of how tense I got while I was on the chair?

carole

carole

Super Moderator
YES :) I have done this to myself often. It is not enough that I have made it to the dentist after stressing myself out but after I have been my back also suffers. We do more damage to ourselves than any dentist could possibly do :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :butterfly::butterfly: