• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

bad news today

C

CindyS

Went to the periodontist today for my 6 month checkup and 3 of the 4 quadrants he did are doing great but in the 4th quad I'm developing an abscess in the periodontal tissue and it's causing bone loss. So I have to go back tomorrow for osseous flap surgery and bone grafts on 2 teeth. It's almost 1700.00! I was so upset when I left there today. I swear I think it would have been easier and certainly much cheaper to have all my teeth pulled! I'm trying not to be scared because I know in the last few months I've done way worse but it's bothering me pretty bad.

Hi and sorry to hear of your knews.Try and stay positive because you can do this.
I know its expenseive but having your teeth pulled and dentures is a hole different ball game;)
You have come so far...just consider this a bump in the road.
I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you well.:XXLhug:

Good luck tomorrow - good that the cost not the procedure seems to be your main concern.
:grouphug:

Sorry to hear of your set back. I know how disappointed you must be as I too have had 4 quads of periodontal surgery done over the last year, but I was fortunate to find a periodontist in my area that utilizes the laser approach, and I met the criteria to have this approach as I did not have significant bone loss or other issues which cut and flap would be required. But as my periodontist says, do whatever it takes to keep your own teeth, as implants are a very long and expensive process (He does lots of them), and dentures are difficult to adjust to. Hang in there and your surgery will be over before you know it.

Good Luck

Last edited:
I made it through. I hope this is the last of it..it will have to be for a while because my insurance is maxed out and my savings account is empty. But I'm back on antibiotics again which I hate, I have taken so many the last year. He did however do a bit more than planned, he had initially not done anything to my bottom 3 front teeth because he pretty much pronounced them goners but my regular dentist wants to keep them as long as we can. So he reassessed those teeth and did some scraping and cleaning to make them last a bit longer. So I guess that's good.